These summer quotes will bring sunshine into your life even if it’s cold outside. Our they will perfectly put into words what the hottest season of the year is all about – but also its end.
Users who enjoy them also love our Spring Quotes.
Summer Quotes About Enjoying The Season
- Rest is not idleness, and to lie sometimes on the grass under trees on a summer’s day, listening to the murmur of the water, or watching the clouds float across the sky, is by no means a waste of time – John Lubbock
- Spring passes and one remembers one’s innocence.
Summer passes and one remembers one’s exuberance.
Autumn passes and one remembers one’s reverence.
Winter passes and one remembers one’s perseverance.” – Yoko Ono
- Summer means happy times and good sunshine. It means going to the beach, going to Disneyland, having fun – Brian Wilson
- Aaah, summer – that long anticipated stretch of lazy, lingering days, free of responsibility and rife with possibility. It’s a time to hunt for insects, master handstands, practice swimming strokes, conquer trees, explore nooks and crannies, and make new friends – Darell Hammond
- And so with the sunshine and the great bursts of leaves growing on the trees, just as things grow in fast movies, I had that familiar conviction that life was beginning over again with the summer – F. Scott Fitzgerald
- It was June, and the world smelled of roses. The sunshine was like powdered gold over the grassy hillside – Maud Hart
- In the long dusks of summer we walked the suburban streets through scents of maple and cut grass, waiting for something to happen – Steven Millhauser
Quotes About The Beauty Of Summer
- What good is the warmth of summer, without the cold of winter to give it sweetness – John Steinbeck
- Summer afternoon—summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language – Henry James
- When people went on vacation, they shed their home skins, thought they could be a new person – Aimee Friedman
- It’s a smile, it’s a kiss, it’s a sip of wine … it’s summertime! – Kenny Chesney
- If it could only be like this always – always summer, always alone, the fruit always ripe and Aloysius in a good tempe – Evelyn Waugh
- It was rapture enough just to sit there beside him in silence, alone in the summer night in the white splendor of moonshine, with the wind blowing down on them out of the pine woods – L.M. Montgomery
- The morning heat had already soaked through the walls, rising up from the floor like a ghost of summers past – Erik Tomblin
- We thread our way through a moving forest of ice-cream cones and crimson thighs –Jean-Dominique Bauby
Summer Quotes About The End Of The Season
- Summer ends, and Autumn comes, and he who would have it otherwise would have high tide always and a full moon every night – Hal Borland
- By all these lovely tokens September days are here, With summer’s best of weather And autumn’s best of cheer – Helen Hunt Jackson
- There is a time in the last few days of summer when the ripeness of autumn fills the air – Rudolfo Anaya
- Summer will end soon enough, and childhood as well – George R.R. Martin
- A man says a lot of things in summer he doesn’t mean in winter – Patricia Briggs
You might also love our Happiness Quotes.